Pan Card Link With Aadhar Card : The government on Tuesday extended the deadline to link Aadhaar with PAN. The new deadline is 31 June 2021. The decision to extend the deadline was taken due to the corona virus pandemic. The previous deadline for Aadhaar-PAN linking was 31 June 2021.
- Through the Income Tax e-filing website
- Sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161
Linking PAN with Aadhaar through the e-filing website
- Visit Income Tax Site
- Provide the PAN, Aadhaar number, and name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card
- Tick the square if only the birth year in mentioned in the Aadhaar card
- Enter the Captcha code. (Visually challenged users can request for an OTP instead of the captcha code. The OTP will be sent on the registered mobile number)
- Click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ button.
Linking PAN with Aadhaar by sending an SMS
The PAN can be linked with the Aadhaar number by sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161 from the registered mobile number. In order to do so, you need to type UIDPAN<12-digit Aadhaar><10-digit PAN> and send it.