PM-SYM : A pension scheme for unorganised Workers, Government of India has introduced a pension scheme for unorganised workers namely Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan (PM-SYM) to ensure old age protection for Unorganised Workers.
Unorganised workers Like home based workers, street vendors, mid-day meal workers, head loaders, brick kiln workers, cobblers, rag pickers, domestic workers, washer men, rickshaw pullers, landless labourers, own account workers, agricultural workers, construction workers, beedi workers, handloom workers, leather workers, audio- visual workers and similar other occupations whose monthly income is Rs 15,000/ per month or less and belong to the entry age group of 18-40 years.
- Must be an unorganised worker
- Must be between 18 and 40 years old
- Your monthly income must be below Rs 15000
- Must not have any EPF, NPS or ESIC registrations
- subscriber should not be an income tax payer.
- subscriber Must have Aadhaar card and Savings Bank Account or a Jan Dhan account
- Each subscriber under the PM-SYM, shall receive minimum assured pension of Rs 3000/- per month after attaining the age of 60 years.
- if the subscriber dies, the spouse of the subscriber shall be entitled to receive 50% family pension.
PM-SYM : Entry Age Specific Monthly Contribution
|Entry Age||Superannuation Age||Member’s monthly contribution (Rs)||Central Govt’s monthly contribution (Rs)||Total monthly contribution (Rs)|
How to Apply PM-SYM
Step 1: Interested eligible person shall visit nearest CSC centre.
Step 2: Following are the prerequisites for the enrollment process:
- Aadhaar Card
- Savings/Jan Dhan Bank Account details along with IFSC Code ( Bank Passbook or Cheque Leave/book or copy of bank statement as evidence of bank account )
Step 3: Initial contribution amount in cash will be made to the Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE).
Step 4: The VLE will key-in the Aadhaar number, Name of subscriber and Date of birth as printed on aadhaar card for authentication.
Step 5: The VLE will complete the online registration by filling up the details like Bank Account details, Mobile Number, Email Address, Spouse (if any) and Nominee details will be captured.
Step 6: Self-certification for eligibility conditions will be done.
Step 7: System will auto calculate monthly contribution payable according to age of the Subscriber.
Step 8: Subscriber will pay the 1st subscription amount in cash to the VLE.
Step 9: Enrollment cum Auto Debit mandate form will be printed and will be further signed by the subscriber. VLE will scan the same and upload it into the system.
Step 10: A unique Shram Yogi Pension Account Number (SPAN) will be generated and Shram Yogi Card will be printed.
PM-SYM Apply Link [maandhan.in]
- Self Enrollment (using Mobile number & OTP)
- CSC VLE (using CSC connect) : Quick Guide PDF Link
CSC Locator: locator.csccloud.in
Q. 1 : What is Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana? : Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan is a voluntary and contributory Pension Scheme for Unorganized Workers for entry age of 18 to 40 years with monthly income of Rs.15000 or less.
Q. 2 : Who can subscribe this Scheme? : Any unorganized worker
Q. 3 : How much pension would be received under the Scheme? At what age? : Per Month 3000 Age of 60